Monday, April 23, 2012
162) ...“I hope you f—ing die!” Those were the emotional words of a daughter, screamed at a man being led away in handcuffs who now stands accused of second-degree murder in the stabbing death of her mother on Wednesday night (April 11).....
.....She added that one of the daughters told the officer to go into the house.
“The girl was screaming at him, ‘Just go in the house and see for yourself.’”
Ten minutes after police went inside, Ashford said, officers came out escorting 53-year-old Chawki El-Birani, who was wearing pajamas and was handcuffed. Not long after, she added, a woman — who was later identified as El-Birani’s wife — was brought out on a stretcher.
Sonia El-Birani, 50, was taken to London Health Sciences Centre where she was pronounced dead. Her death marks the city’s first homicide of 2012......
163) Abdikani Warsame, 19, of Toronto and Hassan Mohamed, 19, of Toronto have been charged. On Wednesday, April 11, 2012, at 1:40 p.m., police responded to a call for a shooting in the
Burnhamthorpe Road/The East Mall area.
It is alleged that:
− the accused men met the victim, in the Burnhamthorpe Road/The East Mall area, to purchase his iPhone 4
− one of the accused men pulled out a firearm and pointed it at the victim's head
− the men stole the victim's phone and fled the scene
− one of the men who fled the scene accidentally shot himself
164) The Ottawa Police Service Robbery Unit has laid charges in connection to multiple March 2012 robberies....
.....Stemming from these investigations, Mohamed Mahamud, age 22 of Ottawa, is charged with the following:
* Seven counts of robbery
* Six counts of possessing a weapon to commit an offence
* Two counts of pointing a firearm
* One count of conspiracy to commit an indictable offence
* Five counts of breach of probation
* Five counts of possessing a firearm while prohibited
* Two counts of wearing a disguise
* Three counts of uttering threats
* One count of forcible confinement ..........
165) ....On April 12, 2012, an arrest was made in connection with these two robberies. The Ottawa Police Robbery Unit has charged Ahmed Al-Fadli, age 22 of Ottawa, with two counts of robbery. In addition, the Gun & Gangs Unit has charged Mr. Al-Fadli with single counts each of possession of a schedule I substance and possession of a schedule III substance. Mr. Al-Fadli appears in court this date. .....
166) This guy is either a muslim or a Hindu from the SriLanka refugee scam boatload. Thayaruban Mylvaganam, 29, of Toronto has been charged with:
1) Sexual Assault
2) Sexual Interference
3) two counts of Assault
4) two counts of Fail to Comply Probation
167) Jury finds Mohamed Nasrallah, 24, guilty.... It was the third time Nasrallah and his friends had stolen from gas stations, and the second time in three days they had ripped off Peter’s Gas Bar. Nasrallah pleaded guilty to three counts of theft. The jury seemingly rejected Nasrallah’s testimony at trial that he never saw Armstrong, and only learned he had hit someone when he was arrested by police a month later. A sentencing hearing has yet to be set.
168) ...A Mississauga man accused of killing his landlord chose not to testify as his trial wrapped up this week in Brampton court. Crown prosecutor Alex Cornelius and defence lawyer Jennifer Penman will be back in court tomorrow to give closing submissions in the judge-alone trial before Justice Bonnie Wein. Court has heard that Penman's client, Salik Bin Sajid, a tenant living in the basement of a home, attacked and killed his landlord while he was repairing a window because Sajid didn't like the way he looked at him.
Cornelius said Sajid, 25, delivered two "lethal" stab wounds that killed Mustaeen Siddiqi, 45, a married father of three....
169) Syed Raza, 18, of Whitby has been charged with:
1) Robbery while armed with firearm
2) Disguise with intent
3) Possession prohibited weapon
4) Robbery while armed with firearm
5) Disguise with intentand
170) On Saturday, April 21, 2012, at 10:43 p.m, a man was arrested and charged.
Suleyman Demirbas, 60, of Woodbridge, was charged with:
1. two counts of Attempt Forcible Confinement
2. two counts of Assault