I have stopped looking at the polls ... they go against reason, common sense and logic. If the Conservatives don't get a majority, which majority I have predicted should happen largely thanks to Ontario, then I will go into a period of mourning which will last until the Conservatives are back in power. I refuse to believe that Ontarians have been so dumbed down that they would still vote Liberal or NDP even after all the madness we have had to put up with, with the Libs governing this province. If they are that dumb, then they deserve what they get.
1) Another arab dictatorship going down? Sultanate of Oman: ....At least 1,000 protesters have taken to the streets in Oman's southern port city of Salalah in one of the biggest pro-reform demonstrations since scattered unrest began in the Gulf Arab sultanate two months ago.
2) Bahrain: (This from Al Jazeera ....so it needs to be taken with a pinch of salt).
Security forces have seized at least eight health workers from two separate medical facilities in Bahrain, sources tell Al Jazeera. The Aali Health Centre in Manama was raided early on Tuesday morning, as shown in an image posted by an activist on Facebook. Medical staff working in the two centres were beaten and an unknown number were arrested.
3) Syria: This is a translation and as online translation go, it's not good .... but you will get the gist of what is happening to many of the injured taken to hospitals. Many of them are killed off by the doctors and other personnel royal to the dictator. Unbelievable. Do you think NATO will intervene? I doubt it !!! Not much to grab there.
WARNING: The video below is VERY graphic. The Arab League are sitting back and watching all these killings without lifting a finger and as usual will press the UN to get NATO to come into their backyards while cursing the West in the same breath.
4) Morocco: Thousands took to the streets of Morocco .on Sunday in peaceful demonstrations to demand sweeping reforms and an end to political detention, the third day of mass protests since they began in February
5) Libya: USA goes wading deeper in the arab cesspool and will, as usual, pull Canada with it. Why can't we just say "NO". The United States launched its first Predator drone strike in Libya on Saturday, the Defense Department said in a statement. It did not provide details on the target of the strike, saying only that it occurred in the early afternoon local time in Libya. Gates announced on Thursday that the unmanned aircraft would be used in Libya for Hellfire missile attacks on the forces of leader Muammar Gaddafi.
6) Kuwait/Iran: Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammad Sabah al-Salem al-Sabah of Kuwait confirmed . on Wednesday in Abu Dhabi that Iranian diplomats accused of spying have been expelled amid heightened Gulf tensions. “We kicked them out,” Sheikh Mohammed told reporters on the sidelines of a Gulf Cooperation Council-European Union ministerial meeting when asked about Iranian diplomats that Kuwait had said it would expel
7) The story of Mohammed Bouazizi, Tunisian street vendor. Dr.Daniel Pipes on how it all started. ....Twenty-six years old, unmarried, and the main provider for a fatherless family of eight, Bouazizi suffered from these predations. On the fateful day of December 17, he dragged his unlicensed wooden fruit cart loaded with produce as usual to the market at 10 a.m. Two police officers along the way — one of them Fadiya Hamdi, female, age 36, and an eleven-year force veteran — began helping themselves to his fruits.....
8) Lefty media ...they just don't know that it's time for them lay themselves down for their last rites. In my opinion, Leftism is a mental disorder which we have tolerated for far too long. If you want to let out a sarcastic guffaw, just read this garbage from the Guardian UK ... the title itself will make you snort: " Women have emerged as key players in the Arab spring"
9) Yemen: As many as 10 protesters were killed . A protest march was reportedly winding its way toward the state television headquarters when gunmen opened fire on the crowd and scattered the demonstrators......... by plainclothes government loyalists in the Sana’a, the Yemeni capital, on Wednesday, as a general strike paralysed economic activity in several cities throughout the country
10) Saudi Arabia : Authorities in Saudi Arabia have detained two Shi'ite bloggers .this week for taking part in demonstrations in the country's oil-producing Eastern Province, a Shi'ite website and activists said on Wednesday
The Sunni Muslim monarchy of Saudi Arabia, the world's top oil exporter and major U.S. ally, does not tolerate any form of dissent. It has not seen the kind of mass uprisings other countries in the region have over the past few months.