Friday, April 1, 2011

My advise to Yohannes Damka, a tourist, turned away from Canada ....

the next time you feel like visiting Canada, just change your name to Mohammed Bin Mohammed or better still pretend to be a refugee from Sri Lanka and change your name to Prasadahanamananwhatever.  Our Liberal leader Iggy and his sidekick Bob Rae, plus our NDP leader Jack Layton and maybe even our Immigration Minister Jason Kenney himself will come to the airport to receive you with open arms and plenty of hugs and kisses.   I am not kidding .... just try it.

.....Damka thought that the abusive experience was behind him, and that his passport will be returned to him once they land. But the trouble was not over yet. Upon arriving in Vancouver, he was greeted by four security guards who cuffed his hands and feet and took him in for questioning.

"They caught me like a common criminal and cuffed me in front of everyone," he said. "They lead me to a tiny, empty room, and did a full-body strip search. After that, they questioned me for eight hours."

Damka noted that he demanded to speak with the Israeli consulate, but his pleas went unanswered. "No matter what I said, nothing helped," he said.

He did not reach Niagara Falls; on the next day, he was put on a plane back to Frankfurt. The Canadian authorities confiscated his passport and all other identification.

When he returned to Germany, he was cuffed once again, and escorted into a questioning room - this time on suspicion that he was a member of a terrorist organization.

"They strip-searched me again," Damka recounted the horror. "The whole time they told me that I better tell them what terrorist organization I belong to, otherwise it will get worse."

At one point, one of the investigators called out "Juden, Juden" and then made a noise of disgust. "I was furious," Damka said. "Four cops had to hold me back from hurting her."

Once again, he demanded the investigators to get in touch with the Israeli consulate, but no avail. After five hours, they brought in a translator, who decided to call Damka's boss, retrieving the phone number from the cell phone that the cops confiscated earlier.

It appeared that the conversation helped, because the investigators toned down their behavior. Eight hours later, he was allowed to board a plane back to Israel.

"I arrived without any documents, but the Interior Ministry officials told me that there must have been a mistake, and that once my passport arrives back from Canada, it will be sent back to me," Damka said. "I have yet to receive it." ..........

via: Blazing Cat Fur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.