Nasira Fazli, 31, was found in her home on Torr Lane, near Kingston Rd. E and Salem Rd. S, with obvious signs of trauma at about 7:22 p.m.
Police alleged it was a domestic-related homicide and have scheduled further forensic tests to confirm cause of death.
Her husband, Feraidon Mohammad Imbrahem, also 31, was taken into custody from the scene and has since been charged.
No one else was in the residence at the time of the incident, police said. Investigators are expected to remain at the home for a few days.
Durham Regional Police said in a news release that anyone who sends in a tip about the incident may be eligible for a $2,000 cash reward
384) A fugitive from the United States of America, wanted for Homicide and other serious criminal offences, has been arrested by members of the Peel Regional Police.
On Saturday, July 20, 2013, officers from the 12 Division Criminal Investigation Bureau located and arrested the suspect in Scarborough, in the City of Toronto without incident.
Ali Mohammed ELATRACHE, a 25 year-old male, fled Inkster Michigan in attempts to evade police, and was being sought for First Degree Murder, Felony Murder, Stalking, Arson, and Home Invasion charges.
385) A driver who allegedly ran a red light in Markham Thursday night, injuring one pedestrian and killing another, has been charged.
Police say a Toyota Matrix travelling southbound on Markham Rd. allegedly entered the intersection at Elson St. on a red light, first striking a Toyota Camry and then hitting two pedestrians on the sidewalk.
Emergency-response services took the two victims to hospital, but one, a 61-year-old woman from Markham, was pronounced dead on arrival, according to York police. The other victim, a 48-year-old Markham woman, is being treated for life-threatening injuries.
The two women, who are believed to be in their 50s according and are of South Asian descent, appear to have been friends out for their routine walk around the neighbourhood according to York police.
The driver of the Camry, a 59-year-old Markham man, was not injured.
The driver of the Matrix, 55-year-old Shabana Ahmed of Markham, was treated for minor injuries and arrested at hospital. She has been charged with three dangerous driving offences, including causing death and causing bodily harm. ....
386) Brampton businessman Najam Mahmood told his students “the sky was the limit” as he taught them the finer points of foreign exchange trading and becoming rich in courses several years ago.
But on Friday, Mahmood and his past promises crashed to earth when he learned the perils of tax evasion in connection with those same courses.
In the four years, Mahmood’s firm Forex collected about $3.1 million in tuition fees from hundreds of students who received instruction about currency trading. At the end of that period, he had evaded about $358,600 in income tax and $116,400 in GST......
387) The Toronto Police Service is requesting the publics assistance locating a wanted man in an
attempt murder investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Saturday, June 22, 2013, at 6:15 p.m., two men became involved in a verbal dispute near
Midland Avenue/Lawrence Avenue East
- one of the men, armed with a gun, shot the second man, then fled the area
- the victim was rushed to hospital with serious, non life-threatening injuries Mahad Diblawe, 20, of Toronto, is wanted for Attempted Murder
388) The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a sexual-assault investigation. Between June 2012 and December 31, 2012, it is alleged that:
- the accused made available pornographic videos to a young girl to watch
- after watching the videos, the accused sexually assaulted the girl
- the incidents took place within the apartment building where the accused resided Munir Ahmad, 71, of Toronto, is charged with:
1. three counts of Making Sexually Explicit Material Available to Child (under 16)
2. four counts of Invitation to Sexual Touching
3. three counts of Sexual Assault
4. three counts of Sexual Interference
5. Exposure to Person Under Age of Sixteen Years..
389) An Ottawa man wanted in connection with 40 Criminal Code offences committed in less than a month was arrested on Canada Day on Rideau Street by a police officer working overtime.
“A lot of our clients come downtown on Canada Day,” said Const. Lee Sabourin with the guns and gangs unit. Knowing that, police were on the look out for wanted persons.
Information about the man was relayed at the briefing, and an officer recognized the suspected and arrested him in the evening.
Souheil Benslimane, 24, is charged with 40 offences, including using a firearm, pointing a firearm, forcible confinement and uttering threats. The incidents are alleged to have occurred between May 10 and Canada Day.
390) A 25-year-old Pickering male threatened another male with a sword and attempted to assault him in a plaza parking lot.
On June 24, 2013, at approximately 9:14 p.m., the 36-year-old victim was driving in the area of Kingston Road and Whites Road in Pickering and had stopped at a traffic light.
A 25-year-old male pedestrian crossing the intersection began to yell at the victim for blocking his path. The victim did not engage the suspect and drove his car to a nearby plaza.
The suspect followed him and continued to yell at the driver. As the driver (victim) tried to walk away from the situation, the suspect pulled a two-foot long sword from his pants and threatened the victim. The victim was able to wrestle the weapon away from the suspect. The suspect continued the altercation and wrapped a silver jewelry chain around his fist and punched the victim in the face.
Officers arrived on scene and arrested the suspect, who did not immediately identify himself to officers. The victim received minor injuries in the altercation. Officers recovered the sword.
Mudasser SHEIKH, age 25 of Mossbrook Square in Pickering, has been charged with: Weapons Dangerous; Assault with a Weapon x2 and Obstruct/Resist Peace Officer. He was held for a bail hearing.....
391) Between August 2012 and July 2013, Toronto police arrested and charged 25 people in
connection with an $8,000,000 loan-fraud and money-laundering investigation.
It is alleged that:
- between March 2011 and October 2012, the accused participated in an organized scheme to
defraud several financial institutions in the GTA and launder the money
-the scheme involved the creation of several shell companies, which were used to apply for
loans from banks, lenders, and financial institutions
It is further alleged that the accused would:
- produce large amounts of fraudulent documentation and records
- have false liens registered
- personate legitimate accountants in the GTA
- stage and pass off buildings and equipment of other legitimate businesses as that of a shell
- launder any obtained money both locally and internationally
Police believe there may be more victims. Photographs of accused who might only be
identified through a photograph, rather than their name, have been released.
Investigators would like to speak to any businesses or institutions that have received credit
applications or financial documents involving the following businesses:..........
Full list of those arrested here. 25 individuals were arrested and some pic are posted, almost all of them look like and have names of either Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans or Middle Eastern men. Maybe there are more on that list I wasn't able to detect as Muslim names.
Najib-Mohamed JAMAL, 57, of Toronto, Ontario
Ajaz Ahmed KHAN, 67, of Mississauga, Ontario
Saira KHAN, 32, of Markham, Ontario
Mohammed RAJA, 75, of Markham, Ontario
And, again no surprises from the city of Montreal ... the Utopia of Montreal was crime free. I don't know why we even need police teams in that city. What a waste of taxpayers' money, right?!