221) A career criminal with a rap sheet stretching back to the 1990s has finally been deported from Canada.
"After trying get rid of this individual for more than 15 years, we are happy to report that he was finally put on a plane and sent back to Pakistan on Sunday," a government source told QMI Agency.
Michael John Hamdani arrived in Canada from his native Pakistan in 1994.
According to government documents, he was granted refugee status and soon started getting charged with crimes, mostly on fraud and forgery related charges.
222) The Toronto Police Service is requesting the public's assistance locating a man wanted on aCanada−wide warrant.
Abshir Olow, 23, of Toronto, is wanted in a shooting investigation that occurred on Tuesday, May 1, 2012, on Ardwick Boulevard.
223) On Wednesday, June 27, 2012, Murugananthan Chinnaiya, 35, of Toronto, was charged with:
1. Sexual Assault
224) Rashid Munawar Virk, 28, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1) Sexual assault 2) Unlawfully in a dwelling
225) on Monday, June 25, 2012 a 23−year−old woman arranged a meeting with a man she had met on Facebook two years prior, who operates a business called "Imaginative Studios"’
− they met in the Carlingview Drive/Airport Road area for a photo shoot
− during their meeting, she was provided with a drink by the accused which she consumed and, a short time later, felt disoriented
− the woman was sexually assaulted
Shahid Syed, 39, of Ajax, has been charged with:
1. Sexual Assault 2. Administer Drug for Sex
On Thursday, July 5, 2012, police arrested a man in connection with a robbery investigation. It is alleged that:
− in April 2012, the accused walked into a restaurant, pharmacy and bank in Toronto
− the man made a demand for money and pharmaceutical drugs
− the man fled the scenes with a quantity of money
Yama Mokhtarzada, 23, no fixed address, has been charged
227) A 48-year-old man arrested after a woman was discovered stabbed to death Thursday in what police describe as a domestic dispute will return to court July 16 to face a charge of first-degree murder.
Ahmad Nehme appeared in Quebec Court Friday afternoon in a white T-shirt, sweatpants, slippers and handcuffs as the charge was read into the record. Looking dazed and disoriented beneath a thatch of salt-and-pepper hair, Nehme spoke only to tell Judge Gilles Cadieux he had chosen defence lawyer Franco Schiro to represent him.
228) A University of Toronto student has been charged with sexual assault after a woman was trapped and choked at a campus bathroom.
Police say a 19-year-old female was lured to a campus building bathroom, confined and assaulted around 4:15 p.m. on Thursday after arriving to attend a purported information session at Emmanuel College, a multi-denominational Christian college at the university.
When she arrived at the room, it was empty. A man then approached from a nearby washroom in a hygienic face mask and offered to help her find the session location.
He then returned asked her to help him with a repair in the washroom. After they entered the washroom, he locked the door and forced her to the ground.
The woman fought back, escaped and notified campus police. She identified the man as a U of T student. Police believe the information session was a ruse to lure the woman to the site of the assault.
Muhammad Umair Jafar, 21, of Brampton was subsequently arrested and charged with forcible confinement, assault and conspiracy to commit an indictable offence.
Jafar was later charged with sexual assault, disguising with a criminal intent and choking to overcoming resistance. He appeared in Old City Hall court Friday morning.
229) A Quebec woman already accused of supplying weapons parts to Lebanon is now facing a serious terrorism charge.
The RCMP said Friday the charge followed an investigation that alleges Mouna Diab committed offences for the benefit of a contact linked to Hezbollah.
Hezbollah has been considered a terrorist organization by Canada since December, 2002.....
230) The man who firebombed a Jewish school in 2006 has been ordered to undergo a psychiatric evaluation after he was arrested less than a month following his release from jail.
Quebec Court Judge Pierre Labelle has ordered that Omar Bulphred, 27, undergo a 30-day evaluation at the Philippe Pinel Institute to determine whether he can be found criminally responsible for crimes he is accused of committing last week.
In June, Bulphred finished all the 40 months he had left to serve of a seven-year sentence he received in 2009. He pleaded guilty to five charges related to a fire set outside the Skver-Toldos Orthodox Jewish Boys School in Outremont in 2006 and an attempt to set off an explosion at the YM-YWHA Ben Weider Jewish Community Centre, also known as the Snowdon Y, in 2007. No one was injured in either fire......