405) The sister of the murdered woman has started a petition to deport illegal immigrants after first offense. Please sign it if you agree.
Information hidden from the public in hate crime torture/murder of beautiful Alberta teen.Four years ago beautiful Alberta woman named Jenna Cartwright was brutally raped, killed, and her body mutilated. The authorities hid information about the killer from the public. It has only now been made available.
The killer was a hard-core career criminal from Somalia that had already been convicted of multiple crimes in Canada. The Canada Border Services Agency deemed him a huge risk to public safety. They had asked that he be deported and held behind bars until the deportation took place. Instead the Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board released him to continue terrorizing Alberta............
Murdered Alberta woman Jenna Cartwright 'betrayed' by Canadian immigration board, says sister. His rights, as a convicted drug trafficker ordered deported to Somalia, were deemed more important than the guaranteed safety of Canadian citizens.
And so, despite warnings that Bashir Gaashaan was a flight risk who posed a danger to the public, Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board let him go — a freedom that lasted exactly one year and eight months.
On June 15, 2011, RCMP in Alberta announced they had arrested Gaashaan, charging him with first-degree murder, unlawful confinement, offering an indignity to human remains, sexual assault and trafficking in cocaine.
The body of Jenna Cartwright, 21, a young mom from Red Deer, had been discovered in a ditch near Olds — and police believe the man ordered out of Canada two years earlier killed her.
“I’m so angry, even more angry than before — the whole thing is sickening,” says Marissa Cartwright, Jenna’s twin sister...........
406) Homicide #36/2013, Yusuf Ahmed, 21,Update, Two men charged with First-Degree Murder.
On Monday, August 12, 2013, at 3:05 p.m., police responded to a call for a shooting in the
Albion Road/Weston Road area.
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013, Yasin Abdulle, 18, of Toronto, was arrested.
He is charged with:
1) First-Degree Murder
He appeared in court at 2201 Finch Avenue West, on Thursday, August 22, 2013.
On Thursday, August 22, 2013, Michael Monney, 21, of Toronto, was arrested.
He is charged with:
1) First-Degree Murder
407) Couple caught with suspected opium concealed in coffee carafes at Calgary airport. A suspicious border services agent dug a little bit deeper earlier this month and discovered five kilograms of black tar opium hidden in seven coffee carafes at the Calgary International Airport.
The agent became suspicious Aug. 7 when a box containing the thermal coffee carafes was discovered during a baggage search. An X-ray revealed suspicious masses within the carafes........
.........Bijan Mohammedi, 41, and his 32-year-old wife Zahra Beigi have been charged with importation and possession for the purpose of trafficking under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
408) ...It was mass-murder threats allegedly uttered aboard a Toronto-to-Istanbul flight that led to serious charges against a Turkish national, QMI Agency has learned.
"You will hear 'bang bang' and everyone is going to die," a flight attendant was told on Air Transat flight TS100, a source says.
The pilot of the Airbus A330 with 316 passengers on board turned back 90 minutes out of Montreal's Trudeau Airport on Sunday.
Dogan Akkaya, 25, of Toronto, was arrested and charged with committing a hoax regarding terrorist activity as well as assault, threats and criminal harassment. The terror-related charge could land him a 10-year-prison term.
Sources tell QMI that the disturbance began shortly after the flight departed Montreal at 6:35 p.m. on Sunday. A man tried to go to the toilet during takeoff, but was stopped by a flight attendant, provoking an altercation.
Akkaya's bail hearing, scheduled for Tuesday, was postponed after his lawyer requested a psychiatric evaluation..........
409) It is alleged that:- On Wednesday, August 28, 2013, the accused sold a quantity of heroin to a man in the parking lot of an address on Queen's Plate Drive
Further to this investigation, a search warrant was executed at the accused's home.
It is further alleged that:
- a large quantity of heroin, a handgun and ammunition were seized
- a total of 112 grams of Heroin was seized
Jamshad Khan, 46, of Toronto, is charged with:.........
410) Two men wanted for Break-and-Enter,
Asad Saleem, 21, and second unidentified man. It is alleged that:
- on Thursday, August 22, 2013, two men broke into, then entered, a home in the Markham
Road/Blakemanor Boulevard area
- the men stole a large safe containing money, jewellery, and personal documents
One man has been identified as Asad Saleem, 21, of Toronto. He is described as brown, 5'11", 180 lbs., with short black hair. He was wearing a brown hoodie, blue jeans, and white running shoes.
The second man is only described as brown, 18-22, 5'10"-6', 180 lbs., with short black hair. He was wearing a black long-sleeved top with a white logo on the left side of the chest, black jeans, and
black running shoes.
They are each facing charges of:
2) Possession of property obtained by crime - over ($5,000)
411) A 53-year-old gas station attendant has been charged with sexual assault after he inappropriately touched a woman at a gas station in Whitby.
On Wednesday, August 14, 2013, at approximately 12:45 a.m., a 26-year-old woman drove her vehicle into a gas station in the Dundas Street and Thickson Road area of Whitby. She began to talk to the male attendant, who offered her a free drink. The male then touched her inappropriately.
Mohammad YAQUBI, age 53 of Southam Street in Ajax, has been charged with Sexual Assault.....
412) On Monday, August 19, 2013, at 7:59 a.m., police responded to a personal injury collision at The Westway and Royal York Road.
It is alleged that:
- a 23-year-old man was operating a 2011 Toyota Camry southbound on Royal York Road,
approaching The Westway
See previous release Abokar Ahmed Ali, 23, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. Theft Over
2. Fraud Under
3. Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
4. three counts of Dangerous Operation
5. three counts of Fail to Stop After Accident
6. Dangerous Operation Causing Death
7. Criminal Negligence Causing Death
8. Fail to Stop at Scene of Accident Cause Death
9. Impaired Driving Causing Death
413) The Ottawa Police Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Unit has jointly charged Warsama YOUSSOUF, Maher FAFAYI and Christian KADIMA aged 19 years old, of Ottawa, with sexual assault, sexual interference, invitation to sexual touching forcible confinement and intimidation.
414) A man is charged with murder after allegedly stabbing firefighter in the head ‘without provocation’ at Toronto café....
....Dominic Parker, 45, died from his wounds in hospital after he was attacked at 1:18 a.m. at Rotana Café in the Danforth and Coxwell Avenues area. Mr. Parker was taken to St. Michael’s Hospital around 2 a.m., and died from severe head wounds shortly after midnight Sunday. Police have charged a 23-year-old man with first-degree murder.....
....Nabil Huruy, 23, of Toronto, has been charged with first-degree murder....
.......It’s unclear how many times Mr. Parker was stabbed but his most serious injury was a knife wound that went through the back of his head and through his brain, Mr. Michaels said........
415) ....On Tuesday, September 17, 2013, the Hold Up Squad issued a press release asking for the
public's assistance identifying a man and woman wanted in a home invasion robbery that
occurred on Tuesday, July 30, 2013, on Harbord Street.
Said Egal, 19, of Toronto, has been charged with:
1. Two counts of Robbery
2. Weapon Dangerous
3. Property Obtained by Crime
Two search warrants were executed and it is alleged that:
- a quantity of items purchased with the victim's credit card were recovered
The woman in the security camera images has been identified as Jennifer Mulumba, 27, of
Toronto. A Canada-Wide warrant has been issued for her arrest.
416) The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a fraud investigation. Officers from 52 Division had received several complaints involving the same individual. As a result of an investigation, two arrest warrants for fraud under $5,000 were issued for Andrew Yakub, 29. See previous release .
On Saturday, September 14, 2013, Andrew Yakub, 29, of Toronto, was arrested.
He appeared in court at Old City Hall on Tuesday, September 17, 2013, room 116, and was
charged with an additional count of Fraud Under
417) ...On Thursday, September 12, 2013, at approximately 10:15 p.m., police were called to Leaside Park, in the Overlea Boulevard and Millwood Road area for reports of shots being fired. In the course of their investigation, police located a man in the park who was later arrested
and charged. It is alleged that:
- the man was in contravention of a court-ordered recognizance
- he was in possession of a prohibited weapon and a round of .40 caliber ammunition
- he was in possession of a quantity of marijuana
Abdul Banouri, 19, of Toronto has been charged with the following:....
418) On Sunday, August 4, 2013, at 4 a.m., police responded to reports of a shooting in the area of Richmond Street West and Peter Street. It is alleged that:
- two men attended the area, each armed with a semi-automatic firearm
- the men both discharged their respective firearms
- investigators subsequently located and seized those firearms
Aiman Khiar, 24, of Toronto, was arrested on Sunday, August 4, 2013, and charged with
multiple firearm-related offences including discharge firearm endanger life.
419) The 12 Division Criminal Investigations Bureau have made an arrest in relation to a shooting investigation on Acorn Place in Mississauga.
On Sunday, July 21, 2013, at approximately 6:00 p.m., an altercation between two groups of males resulted in a number of shots being fired. The suspects then fled the area. Investigators issued two separate arrest warrants for the suspects.
On Monday, September 16, 2013, at approximately 6:55 p.m., Abdirahman OMAR, a 19 year-old resident of Toronto, was located in the Toronto area and taken into custody without incident. Llyas ABDULLE, 20 years old of Mississauga, is still outstanding and he faces a warrant for numerous firearm related charges.
420) On September 15, 2013, in the early hours of the morning, the Ottawa Police Service responded to a call of persons breaking into vehicles in the area of Bourcier Drive in Orléans.
Patrol Officers responded to the area and three males were subsequently arrested and searched. Property from vehicles in the area was found on their persons and through investigation, information revealed that they were responsible for the theft of a vehicle in the area that occurred the same evening.
Hamza BOUH ALI, 18 year old, of Ottawa, and two male young offenders were charged separately with four counts of Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000, one count Theft over $5000, four counts of Attempted theft, one count of Possession of break-in instrument, one count of Theft of a motor vehicle.
421) Two men have been arrested and charged with various offences, including Human Trafficking by the Ottawa Police Service.
Karim CHERESTAL, 21 years old, of Ottawa was arrested on September 10, 2013, on an outstanding warrant relating to the offences listed below. He is currently held in custody.
Taylor DAGG, 22 years old, of Ottawa was arrested on September 13, 2013, on an outstanding warrant related to the offences listed below. He has also been held in custody.
422) The Ottawa Police Robbery Unit has laid charges in connection to an August robbery and apartment takeover that followed.
On August 28, 2013, at approximately 2:45 pm, a male victim was walking in the area of Bank/MacLaren when he was approached by the suspect, assaulted, and robbed of his apartment keys. The victim was escorted back to his apartment and was told to leave. The victim returned some time later to find a number of items missing from his apartment. There were no injuries. The suspect was located and arrested on September 9, 2013 by a uniformed officer.
Abdul SHAFEA, age 26 of Ottawa, is charged with robbery and extortion. He appeared in court on September 11, 2013 and remains in custody. He appears in court next on September 12, 2013.
423) The Ottawa Police Break and Enter Section charged a man in relation to break ins and thefts of mail at several apartment buildings in Ottawa.
The incidents occurred between August 15 and August 21, 2013 at buildings in the Alta Vista Drive, McArthur Avenue and Regina Street areas. During the break-ins, mail was stolen from the victim’s mailboxes.
Ali ZEITOUN, 32, of Ottawa is charged with five counts of Break and Enter and five counts of Breach of Probation.
424) The Imam of a Port Coquitlam mosque has been charged with sexual assault in connection with an alleged assault at the
RCMP, which initiated the investigation in June, said the assault allegedly happened at the Masjid Al-Hidayah and Islamic Cultural Centre, 2626 Kingsway Avenue.
On Wednesday, crown counsel approved one charge of sexual assault against the mosque's Imam, Saadeldin Bahr.
Bahr, who refers to himself and is known in the community as Dr. Saad, is scheduled to appear in Port Coquitlam provincial court on Sept. 23.
The Coquitlam RCMP Sex Crimes Unit continues to investigate the allegation against Bahr and is interested in hearing from anyone who has information that could advance the investigation.
425) The Calgary Police Service Economic Crimes Unit has laid 97 charges against two individuals believed to be involved in a sophisticated identity theft and fraud ring.
Between January and July of 2013, it is believed two people were involved in numerous fraud offences, including identity theft, identity fraud, and manufacturing counterfeit documents against at least 15 victims. Investigators estimate the victims have lost at least $65,000 combined, and expect that number to grow as the investigation continues.......
..... Hafiz MOHAMMED, 26, of Calgary, is facing 40 charges relating to fraud and identity theft. His next court appearance is scheduled for Thursday, October 31, 2013. ......