The first two crimes listed below have taken place in the Province of Quebec. However, if you had a mind to read a media release of these two incidents at the relevant police jurisdictions where they occurred, you will not find any mention of them anywhere....at least not by easy access to the general public. The accountability to the public is completely ignored by each and every police department in Quebec.... and that behaviour is not only tolerated by the Quebec government, sadly even the Federal govt of Canada has not taken a step to demand that accountability to the citizens of Canada be an important part of the duties of the Police Force in Quebec. Shame!!!
436) Chiheb Battikh’s trial date for attempted kidnapping for ransom to be fixed in November. A 51-year-old Tunisian Montrealer will go to trial on charges of trying to kidnap a little boy for ransom in Outremont last December..............
437) A 71-year-old Iranian-born Canadian has been charged with endangering Montreal's Trudeau International Airport after security screeners allegedly found bomb-making components in luggage he was attempting to carry aboard a plane bound for Los Angeles.
Anthony Piazza was charged Monday with mischief, endangering the safety of an aircraft or airport and being in illegal possession of an explosive substance.
The incident partly shut down Montreal's main airport for several hours on Sunday and caused a neighborhood to be shut down for a police search.
Police found wires, bullets, and a powder inside the bag, his attorney, Louis Morena, said.
Authorities say the components were not assembled into a bomb, but could be used to make one.
Piazza, who is originally from Tehran, changed his name in the 1980s from the Iranian Houshang Nazemi to the Italian moniker Anthony Piazza, said Morena. He previously served a 10-year-sentence under that name in Canadian prison for smuggling drugs into the country....
438) A student at the centre of a potential hazardous chemical scare at the University of Saskatchewan on Wednesday has been suspended.
Mohamadmahdi Kowsari was arrested by police Wednesday evening after a search of his residence turned up stolen chemicals from the university.
Earlier in the day, emergency crews responded to the Engineering Building after receiving reports of a potentially hazardous concoction at a basement lab.
439) The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest made in a stabbing investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Thursday, November 28, 2013, at approximately 5:50 a.m., police were called to the College Street/Lansdowne Avenue area for a fight
- once on scene, police located a man armed with a knife
- a CEW was deployed to facilitate the arrest
- the man was taken to hospital with non life-threatening injuries
Jamal Hamed, 50, of Toronto, is facing:
1) Attempt Murder
2) two counts of Assault with a weapon
440) On Saturday, September 8, 2012, at approximately 12:30 a.m., police responded to a call for a shooting on Fawcett Trail.
See previous release.
As a result of the ongoing investigation, it was alleged that:
- shortly after Abdulaziz Farah's death, the suspect drove the victim's car away from the scene
- the car was recovered in Scarborough the next day
On Wednesday, December 19, 2012, Liban Omar, then 18, of Ajax, was arrested.
He was charged with:
1) First-Degree murder .........
441) The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest in a sexual assault investigation.
It is alleged that:
- between Friday, November 15, 2013, and Sunday, November 17, 2013, a man visited Seneca College, Newham Campus, at 1760 Finch Avenue East
- in the early hours of Saturday, November 16, 2013, he introduced himself to a woman
- the two had a brief conversation, then he sexually assaulted her
- in the early hours of Sunday, November 17, 2013, he introduced himself to a different woman
- after a brief conversation, he sexually assaulted the second woman
Ahmed Khan, 20, of Toronto, was arrested and has been charged with:
1. two counts of Forcible Confinement
2. two counts of Sexual Assault
442) Man arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation, Muhammed Qureshi, 64, Police believe there may be other victims. The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in a sexual assault investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Monday, September 23, 2013, a woman attended Opticon Optical, 1165 St. Clair Avenue West, for an eye examination
- a man fraudulently identified himself as a certified optometrist and performed the exam
- during the exam, he sexually assaulted her
On Wednesday, November 20, 2013, Muhammed Qureshi, 64, of Toronto, was arrested. He is charged with:
1) Sexual assault
2) Fraud - under ($5,000)
3) Personation with intent
5) Uttering forged document
443) Sexual Assault AlertSales representative arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation, Masud Alam Bhuiya, 51, Police believe there may be other victims, Photograph released
The Toronto Police Service would like to advise the public of an arrest in a sexual assault investigation.
It is alleged that:
- on Friday, November 15, 2013, the accused was employed by Sunwave Gas and Power and Reliance Home Comfort and was conducting door-to-door sales
- the accused attended a home in the Kingston Road and Eglinton Avenue East area and convinced a 15-year-old girl to allow him to enter her house
- the girl was sexually assaulted by the accused
On Saturday, November 16, 2013, Masud Alam Bhuiya, 51, of Toronto was arrested and charged with:
1) sexual assault
444) The Toronto Police Service would like to make the public aware of an arrest in an armed robbery/stabbing investigation.
On Friday, July 12, 2013, police responded to a stabbing call in the Dixon Road and Royal York Road area.
It is alleged that:
- the accused, attempting to disguise himself and armed with a knife, broke into a home on Dixon Road
- one of the residents, who was sleeping in the basement, was woken by the entry and was confronted by the accused, who then held a knife to his throat
- the victim was able to break free from the accused and ran from the basement to the main floor
- the accused approached a second victim, sleeping on a couch in the basement, and stabbed him several times
- the victim tried to escape, but the accused continued to stab him
- the accused fled the home prior to police arriving
The stabbing victim was rushed to hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
A Warrant in the First for the arrest of Faud Muse Jama, 18, of Toronto, was issued.
On Tuesday, October 29, 2013, the accused was arrested in London, Ontario, and turned over to the Toronto Police Service Hold Up Squad.
445) The Ottawa Police Service Sexual Assault and Child Abuse Section (SACA) has charged Nidal ZEITI, 52 years old, of Ottawa with one count of Sexual assault, in relation to the November 9th incident where a 20-year-old woman was sexually assaulted, inside a taxi, by the driver.
446) On October 28, 2013 Ottawa Police Central District Investigators located the male responsible for the incident on October 22nd where a 27-year-old woman (please note age correction) was the victim of an unprovoked attacked. With the assistance of Patrol, he was arrested in the downtown area without incident.
The male has been identified as Nabil BENHSAIEN, 35 years old, of Ottawa. He has been charged with Attempt Murder and Breach of Recognizance.
447) On Tuesday, October 22nd 2013, the Ottawa Police Service, Sexual Assault & Child Abuse Section, charged an Ottawa man after a report of a Sexual Assault on a 15 year old girl.
On Sunday October 20th 2013, at 8:30 pm, police officers responded to a call of a Sexual Assault in the 1700 block of Innes Road in the city's east end. Police attended and learned that the 15 year old female complainant had been driven to an isolated area, east of Rockland Ontario, and sexually assaulted. The girl was returned to Ottawa by the suspect and dropped off on Innes road afterwards. The suspect was driving a rented 2013, 4 door grey Mazda 3, with a rental decal on the rear bumper.
Mohamad SLEIMAN, 31 years old, will appear in court today charged with Sexual Assault, Sexual Interference, two counts of Uttering Threats, Forcible Confinement and two counts of Breach of Probation.
448) The Calgary Police Service Robbery Unit has charged a man in relation to a series of bank robberies dating back to 2010.
In each of the robberies, a man entered the bank, presented a note which indicated he was armed and threatened harm if his demand for money was not met.
The robberies occurred:
Saturday, Nov. 9, 2013, at the CIBC located at 100 block of Stewart Green S.W.
Tuesday, Oct. 22, 2013, at the RBC located in the 3800 block of Bow Trail S.W.
Friday, May 24, 2013, at the CIBC located in the 4600 block of Bow Trail S.W.
Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012, at the Scotiabank located in the 4900 block of Richmond Road S.W.
Monday, July 5, 2010, at the Scotiabank located in the 5100 block of Country Hills Blvd. N.W.
On Thursday, Nov. 21, 2013, Abdulfatha Omar Jabril DARARA, 35, of Calgary, was arrested without incident and charged with five counts of bank robbery.
449) A Guelph Police investigation of a break and enter on Willow Road alleges that on November 4, 2013,
three males approached the residence and male #1 knocked on the door. The occupants opened the door
as this male is known to them. The two other males were not seen by the resident when the door was
opened. The males forced their way into the residence and one of the males was holding a firearm.
Once inside the suspects attacked a male occupant. One occupant ran from the residence and summoned
assistance from a neighbour. When this occupant returned with the neighbour they fought back against
the intruders. One of the suspect males may have suffered a head injury at this time. The three males
then fled the residence.
Suspect male #1 was arrested by Guelph Police on November 13, 2013. Ahmed QUAMI, 18 years of
Guelph is charged with break and enter to commit assault, failure to comply with sentencing or
disposition order, firearm- use while committing an offence........