Wednesday, February 24, 2010
The union supporters and the Lib and NDP voters who are responsible for letting loose this man on the citizens of Toronto have not been able to prop up his failing numbers, no matter how hard they try. We have a failed Premier in the person of Dalton McGuinty and a failed Mayor in the person of David Miller. How much more can this province take ? Go here to see his performance results:
RESULTS FOR DAVID MILLER:
February 2010: 3.38 points out of 10
January 2010: 3.40 points out of 10
And from the comments:
1) Pro Union pro Tax Mayor that is making Toronto an undesirable place to live and work.
2) A CITY TV poll says 62% of Toronto opposes the Municipal Land Transfer Tax - It goes ahead anyway. Miller and his council think they are untouchable
3) Mayor Miller made a decision to purchase Street Cars knowing this would not qualify for Federal Funding under the Infrastructure Programme. With this Federal Program our Roads, Bridges, Water and Sewers could have been repaired or replaced as needed. Torontonians we lost twice with this decision 800 million dollar bill for Street Cars and No New Buses in the future and our City Infrastructure is still deteriorating
4) He is destroying the city on every level:
- Burning through cash reserves.
- school pools closing while he renovates his own office for 6 million dollars.
- no property strategy for waste.
- raising municipal government employees by 20% while dragging the city into the red.
- then freezing employee wages and giving politicians including himself raises.
5) Wage hikes for city employees at a time of destitution for other citizens, infrastructure crumbling, appears weak in the face of unions, ttc fare hikes, reduced ttc service.
Yes, my dear non-Toronto residents, this is the hellish Toronto we live in. Can any of your mayors or premiers come within even a mile of the type of misfits we the citizens of this city have been cursed with ?
cartoons credit: Graeme MacKay,Ontario