Thursday, February 19, 2015
Venezuela coup attempt fails .... USA, UK and Canada suspected of aiding plotters to overthrow yet another elected government
Go here to hear how it was organized and how it was stopped. You can bet your bottom dollar that another attempt will be in the works soon. Once again some of us will be saddened to know that Canada under warmonger Harper is one of the suspect nations involved in the coup game in Venezuela.
Movements, Governments Express Solidarity with Venezuela
International solidarity with Venezuela continues as the South American country challenges ongoing destabilization.
On the one year anniversary of opposition violence that sought to destabilize Venezuela's democratically elected government, movements and governments from around the world continue to reiterate their support for the Bolivarian Revolution.
After the latest coup attempt was uncovered and thwarted, organizations turned to social media to express their solidarity......
Venezuela officials say ex-general, 13 others in coup plot
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Venezuelan officials on Friday cheered the thwarting of what they said was a planned coup that involved a plot to blow up the presidential palace.
President Nicolas Maduro announced Thursday night that a retired air force general had been arrested and 13 other people were implicated in a plot to overthrow the South American country's 15 year-old socialist revolution.
"We have foiled a coup attempt against democracy and the stability of our homeland," Maduro said, speaking on the anniversary of the start of street protests that wracked the nation last year.
Venezuela's government has frequently alleged coup plots, often without providing much evidence or follow up.
Congress president Diosdado Cabello said in a television broadcast that 11 soldiers were among those implicated, including a retired general, and that several had been arrested. He also named two opposition politicians and a businessman as plotters and charged that the U.S had tried to buy the loyalty of air force officers.
Cabello showed photos of weapons and other items that he said had been seized from those implicated. In addition to the palace, the plotters planned to bomb the Defense Ministry and the headquarters of the government-sponsored news channel Telesur, officials charged.....