Go to link below to read an eye-opening article from The Maple.
https://www.readthemaple.com/bnai-brith-canada-wont-rent-to-non-jews-reps-say/
B’nai Brith Canada Won’t Rent To Non-Jews, Reps Say Its Toronto apartments have received more than $30 million in government funding
B’nai Brith Canada (BB), which describes itself as “the country’s oldest human rights organization,” has a policy of rejecting non-Jewish rental applicants, according to two reps at the company that manages its apartment buildings.
BB claims it has been a “premier provider of sustainable, affordable housing in Canada” since 1979.
Its website lists three apartment buildings it owns, two of which are for seniors. The other is described as a “family building.” The apartments are in Toronto, cumulatively contain about 259 rent‑geared‑to‑income (RGI) units and 88 market rent units, and are managed by Greenwin, an Ontario property management company.
In 2023, BB cited a report finding that the average cost for a rental unit in Toronto was around $2,520, and claimed that the “fair market price for a one-bedroom apartment and two-bedroom apartment in one of our Toronto buildings is $1,232 and $1,563, respectively.”
The buildings have cumulatively received tens of millions of dollars in funding from Canadian governments.
Earlier this year, I received a tip from someone claiming another person was told that BB no longer rents units in its buildings to non-Jews.
Upon receiving this tip, I called the contact number listed on the BB website for market rent units in the two senior buildings and said I wanted more information about them for my parents. I called from a private number and didn’t provide my real name.
The Greenwin agent who answered immediately asked, “Your parents are seniors, I believe, and Jewish, right?”........................

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.