Don't know about you but I like the smell of a decaying empire.
Lawsuit over sexual assault aboard Navy transport ship dismissed as worker’s comp issue
By ROSE L. THAYER
STARS AND STRIPES
Published August 25, 2026
A judge dismissed a lawsuit from a civilian engineer in the Military Sealift Command after it was determined that her report of being raped in her own bed aboard a Navy transport ship was within her duties and must be treated as a worker’s comp claim. The order handed down this month closed a multiyear attempt by Elsie Dominguez to get justice for an assault she said threw her personal and professional lives into shambles. She eventually took an unpaid year away from work to recover, as her perpetrator continued to receive pay while being investigated, she said. “I’ve lost a lot of sleep, I’ve lost a lot of friends who didn’t agree with what I was doing in coming forward,” said Dominguez, 35. “I learned that I had to set a precedent legally so that this could be used in the future.” She spoke from her current assignment in Croatia about the entire experience, which began in December 2021 while she worked as the first assistant engineer aboard the USNS Carson City, an expeditionary fast transport vessel. Dominguez said the ship’s captain used a master key code to access her private room overnight and rape her in her bed. She sued the federal government in 2023 over the Navy’s failure to care for and protect her when she reported the attack.............
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank Trump for This: He Has Exposed the Leaking Guts of the War Machine

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.